About The Builders, a chapter of the AGC
To see the membership of the current Board of Directors, click here.
To see the membership of the current Kansas City Chapter, AGC Officers & Directors 2023-2024, click here.
Founded in 1887, The Builders, a chapter of the AGC, advances the construction industry by delivering safety, craft and management training; employment, labor and government relations; and construction plans and technology tools. The Builders is among the Associated General Contractors of America’s largest chapters, serving member companies throughout the heartland.
The nonprofit commercial construction trade association operates four service and training centers in Kansas City, Jefferson City and Springfield to serve with integrity both union and nonunion member companies and to aid collaboration by connecting passionate people and businesses, with a vision of improving lives through construction. This is accomplished in several ways, including:
- 3,000+ safety trainees annually.
- Community outreach.
- 1,500+ apprentices in cosponsored programs.
- Delivery of business education and professional development.
- Negotiation of 27 collective bargaining agreements.
- Coadministration and trustee-appointment authority for 28 fringe funds with over $3 billion in assets.
- Government relations services at the local and state level, as well as federally.
Visit The Builders, a chapter of the AGC, online at www.thebuildersagc.com.